21 – 24 August 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand and Denmark officially established diplomatic relations in 1858. Since then, the two countries enjoy close and cordial relations, which resulted in numerous exchanges of visits between the two royal families as well as at government level. Moreover, the two countries enjoy close cooperation in as many aspects, one of which is the cooperation on science and technology.
Denmark is one of the leading countries in the world that has expertise in renewable energy and green economy, especially in the area of water resource management. Given the fact that the country has a flat landscape which resembles the middle part of Thailand and Bangkok, Denmark has occasionally faced immediate flooding, especially in Copenhagen.
Therefore, the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, the Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute (HAII), and the Ministry of Science and Technology of Thailand, will jointly organize a seminar on “Thailand-Denmark Collaboration on Water Resource Management” on 21 – 24 August 2017 in Bangkok with experts on water resource management from Denmark invited as speakers, so that their Thai counterparts in the mentioned area will be able to exchange views and experiences. Hopefully, the said seminar will strengthen Thailand’s water resource management to be more efficient and sustainable in dealing with flooding and water scarcity in the future.
- Strengthen the science and technology collaboration between Thailand and Denmark
- Share knowledge, expertise and experience of Danish experts on water resource management
- Agenda of the Seminar
- Seminar Leaflet (21 August 2017)
- Presentation: Dr. Claus Skotner – New Technolgoies and Best Practices
- Presentation: Dr. Ole Mark – Smart Urban Water Management
- Presentation: Mr. Finn Hansen – Perspective of Operational Forecasting and Warning in Thailand
- Presentation: Mr. Sayam Sawanyakul – The Water – Food – Energy Nexus